Are you at risk?
Target. Home Depot. Neiman Marcus. Citigroup. Gmail. Lockheed Martin. PlayStation Network. Health Net. Anthem.
What do these companies all have in common? A significant data breach that has potentially affected millions of consumers.
Data breaches have quickly become one of the most common failures in businesses today. According to IBM, studies have shown that companies are, on average, attacked over 16,000 times per year. Unfortunately, most businesses never even know they have been attacked and their data compromised. It is an alarming statistic, and the numbers are only getting more alarming as hackers and their software get smarter.
And it’s not just the large companies. According to the 2012 Data Breach Investigations Study by Verizon, 71% of the data breaches they reviewed were in business with fewer than 100 employees!
An informed and proactive approach to data security is vital for all businesses. Below are the top 5 ways to help secure your business data.
- Make sure all of your devices are password protected, including your wireless routers.
- Keep up to date with the latest anti-virus/anti-malware software.
- Backup your information, either on a physical drive or to the cloud.
- Stay current on all updates for your operating system.
- Make sure all of your employees know about cyber threats and what your plan is to prevent them.
We take the success of your business very seriously. Feel free to contact us for a more in-depth review and discussion of cyber security.
Stay cyber safe!